We had some great feedback from our Facebook friends about their favorite lawyer movies! Some of you have very eclectic taste in movies. Some of you watch too many movies (you know who you are). Below are some more great lawyer movies that you shared with us across a wide range of genres. Keep the hits coming!
- A Time To Kill – Carl Lee Hailey is a heartbroken black father who avenges his daughter’s brutal rape by shooting the bigoted men responsible for the crime as they are on their way to trial. He turns to Jake Brigance, an untested lawyer, to defend him. Brigance struggles to believe that he can get Hailey acquitted in this small, segregated Southern town, given Hailey’s race and the deliberate nature of his crimes, but Carl has unshakable faith in him.
- A Few Good Men – Lt. Daniel Kaffee is a military lawyer defending two U.S. Marines charged with killing a fellow Marine at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba. Although Kaffee is known for seeking plea bargains,a fellow lawyer, Lt. Cdr. JoAnne Galloway, convinces him that the accused marines were most likely carrying out an order from a commanding officer. Kaffee takes a risk by calling Col. Nathan R. Jessep to the stand in an effort to uncover the conspiracy.
- The Client – A fast-paced thriller, based on the John Grisham bestseller, about a boy whose life is endangered after he stumbles across vital information about a politician’s murder. His lawyer is the only person offering protection from the unwanted attentions of the Mob and the FBI – but is she capable of saving his life?
- Double Jeopardy – Framed for the murder of her husband, Libby Parsons survives the long years in prison with two burning desires sustaining her — finding her son and solving the mystery that destroyed her once-happy life. Standing between her and her quest, however, is her parole officer, Travis Lehman . Libby poses a challenge to the cynical officer, one that forces him to face up to his own failings while pitting him against his superiors and law enforcement colleagues.
- Primal Fear – Defense attorney Martin Vail takes on jobs for money and prestige rather than any sense of the greater good. His latest case involves an altar boy, accused of brutally murdering the archbishop of Chicago. Vail finds himself up against his ex-pupil and ex-lover, but as the case progresses and the Church’s dark secrets are revealed, Vail finds that what appeared a simple case takes on a darker, more dangerous aspect.
- Liar Liar – Conniving attorney Fletcher Reede is an ace in the courtroom, but his dishonesty and devotion to work ruin his relationships. His wife, Audrey , has left him for a more dependable man, and Fletcher often breaks the commitments he makes to his beloved son, Max. When Max wishes his dad would stop lying for 24 hours, Fletcher suddenly finds that he can only speak the truth — on the day his career-deciding court case has to be won.
Read my first post on lawyer movies here